Lynn Orriss


Lynn Orriss was born in Edmonton Alberta, Canada in 1943. She was introduced to art at an early age through the family gallery and picture framing shop.

As a child, Lynn attended classes at the Edmonton Art Gallery. Several years later, with the encouragement of family and friends, she enrolled in University of Alberta extension courses, studying drawing, watercolour, oil painting and etching. To further hone her skills in watercolour and oil, she took workshops with several skilled artisans and introduced herself to Sumi-E painting and china painting on porcelain. Lynn continues to paint in all mediums as well as teaching art. Although specializing in miniature painting for many years, she has recently enjoyed working in mixed media and polymer clay.

Lynn is an active member of the Federation of Canadian Artists, DeCosmos Fine Arts Society, Oceanside Community Arts Counsel, and TOSH.

Her work has been exhibited in Alberta, B.C. and Ontario Canada and are included in private collections in Canada, USA, Australia, UK, Europe, Japan and Pakistan.

Artist's Statement:

"After experimenting with many mediums, I enjoy using my watercolour background in my newer work. I feel the need, however, to expand my horizons and to try new things. The work on porcelain developed from the love of texture and pen and ink and my interest to adapt it to unusual surface of textures and currently the transition to polymer clay. I wish to express in my artwork my fascination with the continuous changes and abstract qualities of nature."

dlorriss@telus.net