Thérèse Johnston


"My fascination with art started as a young child. It has now become a passion to express my emotions through my art."

Thérèse was born in Saskatchewan and has lived in Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver. She now resides in Parksville, B.C. Thérèse holds a Bachelor of Education degree (Arts Major), is a signature member of the Federation of Canadian Artists (AFCA) and an elected member of the Society of Canadian Artists (SCA). She has participated in numerous juried shows and has received multiple awards.

Thérèse is a Mixed Media, Semi Abstract Painter. As a result, there is always the recognition of objects and shapes in her work. Although she does use real life visual input, along with photographs she has taken, most of her inspiration comes from memory and imagination of places past visited.

"While painting, time stands still. I lose myself in the colour, textures and the emotion each piece generates. Beginning with no definite preconceived plan or expectation, I let the paint guide me. I may introduce ink or collage to add contrast, balance, texture and interest. Hopefully I will pass on to the viewer a feeling of excitement and pleasure."

http://arrowsmithfca.ca/member_list/therese_johnston___afca_sca
terigoj@shaw.ca